Green Light Projects—Water
- Assess and adjust water efficiency of cooling tower.
- Eliminate equipment leaks.
- Eliminate fixture leaks.
- Replace water-cooled ice machines with air-cooled machines.
- Insulate hot water system equipment and piping as necessary.
- Maintain efficient ice machine output.
- Maintain steam traps to avoid leaks and inefficiency.
- Maximize water use efficiency of laundry load cycles.
- Measure water consumption and benchmark.
- Minimize water flow to vacuum pumps.
- Minimize water supply flows.
- Minimize water use in landscaping operations.
- Schedule irrigation for efficient water use.
- Use faucet aerators.
- Use low-flow spray rinsers.
- Water landscaping efficiently.
Note: For the launch of the Sustainability Roadmap for Hospitals, only the Green Light performance improvement measures (PIMs) appear. Watch this space for the addition of additional basic level projects as well as those at the intermediate and advanced levels.